Sunday, May 11, 2008

an open letter to mom

Happy Mothers Day


Dear Mom,

How can I thank you enough for raising me to be the woman that I am now? I know that we have practically lived our lives separately for the last 2 decades and that fact still affects me even after all these years. I miss your warm embraces and your sweet butterfly kisses. I miss your loud voice and your soft touch to match it. You have been such a great woman - having to choose the road that is less travelled - the kind that will entail a lot of sacrifices for you. Imagine having to leave us at such a young age just so you can give us the life that is comfortable, rewarding and happy. I am grateful that you sent us to the best schools and that you showered us with the best things. I am happy that I was able to live the life that I wanted with you, always holding my hand and showing me the way.

It's payback time. Now that I am all grown up with a family of my own, allow me to pamper you a bit. Mom, I will not be as settled as I am now if not for your loving guidance and nurturing. So let me thank you by giving you a small gift this Mother's Day. I got you one of these online credit cards for you to use if you decide to treat yourself with things and pamper your body with any material gift you want. It's my way of expressing my gratitude to you mommy. Because you are the best!

I love you and Happy Mother's Day!


No comments: